Founded in 1997, BC has the only renal network of its kind in Canada. Through linkages to other organizations, BC Renal coordinates all aspects of kidney care related to service delivery, funding, research and education, patient support, and government liaison. A network of committees support our work. (See a diagram of the Provincial Renal Network Structure)
BC Renal is a virtual network. We have a small group of staff at a central office, complemented by a network of health care professionals in the regional health authorities.
Kidney care providers from across the province participate on a range of committees. For more information, read the BC Renal Organizational Structure and Function, or see the Committees section.
View the admin team organizational chart
Staff members at BC Renal include:
- Provincial Executive Director
- Director, Learning, People and Operations
- Director of Operations, PROMIS
- Director, Strategic Initiatives and Development
- Director, Business Planning
- Strategy Lead, Home Therapies and Palliative Care
- Senior Officer, Methodology and Analytics
- Lead, Infrastructural Planning
- An Administrative Support Group
BC Renal has been part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) since 2002. Our partners include:
In cooperation with the health authority renal programs, BC Renal coordinates service delivery to patients in eleven hospitals and 24 community dialysis units throughout the province. For more information, see the section on Kidney Services.