Would you like to work with us to improve kidney care? If so, we invite you to get involved by joining our network of patient partners.
A patient partner is a patient, or family member/caregiver of a patient, who…
- Has lived experience with (or is at risk of) kidney disease
- Is interested in making a difference in kidney care
- Is open to sharing their experience and working with health care professionals and other partners
Patient partners of BC Renal contribute in various ways within our provincial renal network. This includes designing, planning, implementing and evaluating our kidney care services.
Together, we aim to ensure that people with kidney disease in BC will have the highest quality of person-centred care possible, enabling them to live their lives to the fullest.
All our patient partners are interviewed, trained and supported on an ongoing basis to ensure their contributions are meaningful and have impact.
Why do our patient partners get involved?
Our patient partners have noted a number of benefits from working with us, including:
- Understanding how health care professionals and patients can work together in the kidney health system
- Meeting others who are impacted by kidney disease
- Empowering themselves by being a part of the kidney care planning process
- Strengthening their ability to promote awareness of kidney disease.
We are currently looking for patient partners for the engagement opportunities listed below. If you are interested in any of the following opportunities, please express your interest by email or phone with:
- Your contact information (if this is your first time responding an engagement opportunity with BC Renal);
- The opportunity you are interested in; and
- Your answer(s) to the RSVP question(s) for the opportunity.
Any questions about an engagement opportunity? Please get in touch!
Are you interested in working with a collaborative team to help support patients who are potential kidney transplant candidates along their journey towards transplantation? BC Renal and BC Transplant are seeking three individuals to join the Transplant First Phase 2 Steering Committee. As a member you will work together to improve kidney transplant care in BC.
Deadline: October 8, 2020
BC Renal is looking for two patients to take part in a project regarding routine symptom assessment and management using My Symptom Checklist for quality of life in patients living with kidney disease.
Deadline: October 13, 2020